The Holiday Season is upon us and I wanted to thank my readers by offering Books 1 and 2 of my Frenchie Series as a Contest Give-Away. Frenchie’s Best Friend-Follow the Blog is a Middle Grade novel that connects to Christmas in a humorous way. Families are enjoying the series as contemporary novels about family relationships,’tweens’, and French Bulldogs (and many other breeds…). The novels appeal to anyone who has ever owned a pet or is a ‘pet-owner wannabe’. You will “crack-up” when you meet Ethan’s Grandma Sis. This 13 year old main character describes this quirky, eccentric woman as “not your typical let’s make cookies kind of Grandma”… … Read the rest
Having recently wrapped up my third MG novel of my Frenchie series, Writer’s Digest’s promotion of Mary Kole’s book, “Writing Irresistible KIDLIT –The Ultimate Guide to Crafting Fiction for Young Adult and Middle Grade Readers” caught my attention. All authors are interested in perfecting their skill set and craft. It’s an invaluable aid challenging authors to go back into one’s manuscript, ask the hard questions, and revise, revise, revise!
10 reasons KIDLIT writers should read Mary Kole’s guide:
1. Mary Kole is well educated, knowledgeable, experienced and a published author herself. She has credence as a Senior Literary Manager, someone who teaches webinars on all aspects of children’s book craft and she blogs at kidlit.com.
2. She … Read the rest
It’s Thanksgiving weekend and I want to show my appreciation to the readers of my Frenchie series by offering you a free download of my first novel, Frenchie’s Best Friend-Follow the Blog. Just go to http://www.smashwords.com/b/96726 and enter the Coupon Code LX49S to download a copy in the ebook format of your choice.
This first book in the series will make a humorous read for the entire family. “Follow the blog of daily misadventures as Ethan’s cohort of allies attempts to deceive his overworked mom by setting a nefarious scheme in motion to own his Frenchie.” It will make you laugh, it will surprise you and most of all it will resonate with puppy love. All readers are cautioned, … Read the rest
Frenchie X2- Follow the Blog
Who would enjoy these humorous reads?
- pet owners or “pet owner wannabes”
- those who read novels that are hilarious enough to give you belly laughs
- anyone “gaga” over their pet
- all age groups – Grade 5+ and any walk of life (students, parents, grandparents, pet groomers, pet trainers, pet care professionals, families who love animals, teachers, librarians)
How would the series benefit middle years students?
- excellent novels for inspiring students to extend writing skills to blogs
- stories that addresses leadership and fundraising initiatives in a school setting to reinforce the concept of MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- novels that captures the attention of the most reluctant readers through the humor and