One night left and it’s off to Europe for 3 weeks! Sounds fantastic, right? truthfully, the anticipation is actually killing me! Why you ask?
1. Procrastination- Tickets were purchased in Nov. (Plenty of time to set itinerary and get packed and organized for trip… Don’t you think?)
2. Traveling with another woman- (Significant collaboration regarding what to wear to the airport, what size of suitcase to take, decisions regarding suitable clothing choices, what host gifts to purchase and transport, … You get the picture, I know you do…)
3. Technology overload- how to communicate with only an iPad, making important CLOTHING decisions based on weather forecasts from weather ap, all bookings – flights, rail and hotels pre-booked on Internet… ARGH! Need I say more?
4. House and yard prep for a month’s absence
5. Saying good-bye to family and friends- Everyone knows about your adventure but they can’t quite remember when exactly you’re leaving, so it’s become a day after day farewell. ( In fact, one starts to feel apologetic for not having left yet! -ha! It actually reminds me of when the birth of my son was 2 weeks overdue and my neighbors would catch me out in the yard and say, “You’re STILL home?”
6. Worry-Will my alarm go off? Did I practice my German enough? Will I catch my flight? Do people actually brush their teeth in the plane’s washroom on an overnight flight? Will I wilt in the outfit I plan to travel in? Do I have all the paperwork needed? WILL MY HUSBAND EVER SEE ME AGAIN? (Okay, I may be getting a little carried away with that one …)
But most pressing of ALL- WILL I EVER GET MY SUITCASE CLOSED?
I’m sure all of you have had travel jitters. Why don’t you leave a comment for me, telling me about your worst nightmare?
What you don’t know is that this was a pre-flight tech test for me to see whether I could actually write a post with photos on my iPad. ( How did I do in my overwhelmed state?)
With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it
up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you
know any methods to help prevent content from being ripped off?
I’d really appreciate it.
Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip, Mary. I understand the packing dilemma … going through it myself… You look much more organized. M.
Thanks Maureen and the same to you, my newly retired friend! Enjoy Europe, how could you not? And I highly doubt that I am more organized- ha!