Read the rest
Over the past few years as a K-8 literacy coach I’ve worked with students to help them create and connect with their writing identities. I wanted them to live “writerly” lives and explore what it meant to be a writer. I wrote a book about that exploration (Close Writing). I know, as writers we […]
As a novice gardener, I find myself continually dropping by nurseries these days. When I say novice, I mean it. The following 3 photos demonstrate the progression from creating a raised garden bed, putting soil in the bed, planting the veggies and VOILÁ! There are actual little plants germinating in that garden plot! Simply amazing! Are you amazed? Tell me you are!
So, as I was saying, I seem to be hanging out at a lot of nurseries these days and … Read the rest
Don’t even consider reading Frenchie’s Best Friend- Follow the Blog this summer, if:
1. you aren’t “gaga” about dogs (especially French Bulldogs).
2. you dislike reading for fun and humorous entertainment.
3. you’re a perfect teen that never does anything wrong or devious.
4. you can’t relate to a “Frenchie crazy” 13 year old boy from a single parent home with an interfering and quirky Grandma living nearby.
5. you’ve never wanted anything so badly that you’d do ANYTHING to make it happen!
Of course on the off- chance that this doesn’t apply to you and you’d actually like to read Frenchie’s Best Friend, there are several ways to get your hands on the print copy or eBook. The … Read the rest